Outlined below is the step-by-step process used for the Premier Source Preparation Room Package. We have a tried and true process that ensures that all work is completed on time and to exact specifications. Our goal is to get your new preparation room up and running as smoothly as possible with minimal down time.
The process begins with our exclusive Premier Source Design. This is a comprehensive design for your new preparation room that will include everything necessary to make your dream preparation room a reality.
- Our first step is to provide you with a questionnaire to be filled out and returned that will give us a good indication of your wants / desires as well as sizing requirements as we go through the process.
- At this point, you provide us with pictures of the proposed area, if the project is a renovation or, if new construction, with CAD drawings from the architect.
- We then work with you to determine the specific requirements. At this point, we have enough information to determine your operational and product needs, and we begin to develop concepts for the new preparation room.
- Using all of the input and requirements, we create and present to you our initial plan that includes:
- a preliminary study recommending a logical, effective layout for the preparation room
- a plan for items specific to your operation including lifts, coolers and dressing rooms
- design provisions for proper airflow for our exclusive PrepAir system
- Modifications, if required, are made to this plan.
- The plan is approved by you and we move forward to the next step!
- After the initial plan is approved, DST provides you with a proposal containing an itemized list of equipment. The proposal includes complete equipment costs as well as shipping and handling charges.
- Modifications are made to the proposal, if applicable, and the revised proposal is submitted to you for approval.
- When approved, detailed CAD drawings are provided, incorporating all of the proposed equipment and cabinetry.
- At this point, production of custom orders for preparation room products can begin.
- Our next step is to prepare CAD design drawings that can be used by your design team and contractor as guidelines for construction. Stamping of DST drawings by a local engineer or architect may be required.
- CAD documents consist of:
- dimensional room plan
- schematic mechanical and ducting plan
- schematic electrical plan
- schematic plumbing plan, rough-in schedules and isometric riser diagrams
- equipment features plan
- foot-end drawings
- various notes, schedules and details
- guideline recommendations for ceilings and lighting
- other drawings as determined by DST
Custom Equipment Orders
- DST begins order entry for customer equipment.
- Cabinet drawings are created as outlined below.
- PrepAir system is specified and ordered as outlined below
- At this point in the process, you are ready to select finishes for cabinet faces and countertops from Elements samples that we provide. Our design staff will work with you to make sure that your selections achieve the look you’re going for.
- We provide you with detailed cabinet drawings for approval. We will ask you to confirm any critical room dimensions to make sure that your new cabinetry is a perfect fit.
- Upon approval and confirmation, we place the cabinetry order, which has a normal lead time of 6 to 8 weeks.
- The next step is to select colors and surface materials for your new Preparation Room. Our Interior Elements samples are coordinated into color palettes to make this process easier for you. Our talented design staff will work with you to help you as required. Our sample palettes contain color and surface materials for each of the following items:
- wall coverings
- medical flooring
- cabinet faces
- After your selections are made, you can breathe easy – the hard part’s over!
- At this point, we’re ready to order the PrepAir system. You select voltage and other requirements from the Power Form provided by DST, and return the form to us.
- We submit the PrepAir order which has a normal lead time of 8 weeks.
- We provide a PrepAir manual and installation guidelines for assistance with installation.
- Finally, the products are ready to ship
- All products are shipped to the building site or other location as designated by the client.
- DST remains available for contractor/installation support throughout the construction process.
- During construction, we encourage you to send us photos of work in progress. By viewing the photos, we can better ascertain whether the work is proceeding according to plan. Photographs of the following will help ensure a smooth work flow:
- rough plumbing
- rought mechanical
- rough ductwork and mechanical
- cabinet install
- plumbing install
- PrepAir install
- final job
- When the project is complete, DST ships an instruction and maintenance manual and binder for the your use. Congratulations! Your new preparation room is complete!